|Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:06 pm Post subject: Tallis
At first I want to assure you, that I don’t speak english, I have learned it never. But I can read in english, so please, do not see the grammatical errors.
I am a choir leader in Budapest, and we work this time at a great project: we want to sing all the survived pieces of Thomas Tallis in 8 concerts. I have problems with his service music. We want to sing these pieces elocuted as like they were sung during the mattins, the mass, and the evensong at the time of Tallis. I found on your home page the structure of the services, but I don’t now, is a different vs. the usus of the years 1535-70. This is my first question. But I have some others:
- I mean, that the Dorian service of Tallis can be sung in Lent. Is this correct?
- In the EECM is to find a piece entitled "Litany". When has it to sing?
- On the home page have I found not all the components of the Tallis-service. Where must be sung the Responses to the Commandements. And I found 2 pieces with the title: First and second responces after the Creed, but in the structure of the mass were another items after the Creed.
- Please, if you can, send me the total description of the Mattins/Evensongs and the Mass (f.e. where are the readings)!
- Where can I inform me about the distribution of the Hymns, Psalms, Readings…etc during the year? (I mean, in the BCP but I have no acces to him, is a Internet-version of his?)
Thank you for your help,
P.s.: If we can make the correspondance in german, in france or in italian, should be for me the „life” a little bit lighter…