Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Wedding processional music suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Wedding processional music suggestions Reply with quote

I am a bride-to-be looking for repertoire suggestions for my wedding processional. I am looking for music that is *not* one of the typical trumpet tunes. If you have any suggestions for more unusual processionals, I would really appreciate them.

Thanks. Smile
jg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: One possible suggestion for a different processional Reply with quote

I subscibe to the "The Organist" through the Lorenz Corporation and I play mostly their music for my preludes and postludes at church. The piece"How Can I Keep from Singing". based on a folk song was in the May 2003 issue and it can be played at a faster tempo and I think it would work. Since it is a folk song, you can buy a choral arrangement and have children or adults even sing as you walk in for something really different. Your organist may even find another organ arrangement of it somewhere by another publisher. It is joyous and has a beautiful melody. The Lorenz arrangement even has an introduction that would set off the fact that the bride is not entering. If you have trouble finding it, I may be able to scan it and send it to you.

Judy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: