Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

french organ music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stocky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: french organ music Reply with quote

comments, loves,hates etc...
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: french organ music Reply with quote

stocky wrote:
comments, loves,hates etc...

Okay... with permission from the administrator, where do you want to start? I'm willing if you are... take me on. But first of all you must have played -and memorized- the Dupre Symphonie-Passion. This is his ultimate statement, surpassing for me (at least) Les Vepres de la Vierge.

Cheers... this is really intended to be fun. We will take it in that spirit with all apologies for the very apparent fact that we are -after all- sincere Anglicans. If that is not the case, then I opt out. Very Happy
stocky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jason! ive memorised the whole of boelmann suite gothique and am currently working my way through dupre - le monde l'attente du saviour. you know it?
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly know the Boellmann. Is the Dupre from a larger work? Good on you- got me on that one. (I can't even locate a recording, though it might not be listed by itself.)

Cheers.
stocky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jason! i can email you a copy recorded by my old choir master david halls on the great willis at salisbury cathedral if you want.... its fantastic! lots of hard work! intricate rythms and melodic line! let me know if you want a copy. its hard to come by and the score is very expensive! best wishes!
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be really cool of you. How would you send it? I would like to open it up in iTunes.

I have a recording of Davill Halls playing the Willis at Salisbury: he made a wonderful transcription of the Television March by Eric Coates. (I almost wore the CD out. Wink ) Fine player!
stocky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jason! yeh david halls is also a very very funny bloke!!! absalutly brilliant! i paged turned for him for several weeks when my voice broke in my last year, then i sang tenor. but he was amazing! i learnt a lot from him. he was also my first organ teacher and he taught me for 4 years. but il just email it to you now. best wishes mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: