Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Johannus Opus 1105 External Speakers Help Needed Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobCharles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right This Tuesday there is a meeting at Nicholaston Church in Question, I'm going to put on a "Mr No Nonsense" approach to this.

It's time to lecture them.

I'm going to get what I want, If I don't I'm going on Strike!

Emailed you the updated notes Nigel.

Cheers

Rob
diapason8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hymns at half speed and no voluntary voluntaries Twisted Evil

N
RobCharles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently contacted Antony Bogdan Organs he wanted to speak to my Vicar in which He did, My Vicar has not told me what went on - he's very absent minded! Rolling Eyes
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he is most certainly absent minded he had not told me of the out come, I left him 2 phone messages, he did not come back to me either Sunday.

The Attitude of this vicar of mine is taking the piss as far as I'm concerned, on the 19th October he was most rude to me never said "Hello" or anything like that he stumbled out of the church.

I was most confused at this.

When I was downloading any emails I was most shocked on receiving an email FROM him Subject "Disciplinary Warning"

Rob,

I've really had enough of this.

If you actually want to remain as organist at Nicholaston and Penmaen, I must insist that you stop hassling me with your opinions about the organ at Nicholaston.

As I said in the letter, I'm more than happy and also extremly willing to continue to serve as Organist in the parish as I have done so for the last 7 years so theres no doubt in that.

The PCC has been extremely tolerant over a number of years, but has repeatedly made it abundantly clear that it has no interest in taking forward your proposals viz-a-viz external speakers, the volume of the organ, or anything else.

Well there was interest from a range of PCC members, who understood my point of view back in August untill I ran out of time at the end I have to say the Report I made took me a long time to do, If I wanted support from who would like to taken my point across I would go about it and do it, as I said in the letter also, Russel Williams from Murton Methodist Church has played it, as sometime ago the Swansea Organ Association had a meeting there, I would advise if you like to speak to him he said the "Volume was too low"

This is where Antony Bogdan Organs would have proved very useful - it was a real shame you couldn't of told me the converstation it was was like playing a game of "Guess Who"

You are paid to do a certain job by the PCC - namely to play the organs at Nicholaston & Penmaen. The PCC and congregation are perfectly happy with the way in which you do this. But...

Yes I'm happy with that - you have to remember I started this off by doing it "Voluntary"

You are not paid to make contact with organ companies off your own bat, to send confrontational or inflamatory emails, to arrange organ recitals with little or no consultation, or to continually ignore the PCC's frequently stated view that they are happy with the organ at Nicholaston as it is - all of which you have done in my time as Rector.

I do have a right as far as I can see as far as "To Make Contact to Organ Company's off your own Bat" its my duty as Organist to make sure both Organs at Penmaen and Nicholaston are in a satisfactory working order as I stated in the letter, If I wanted something I go about it first put it in writing to be passed onto yourself or the PCC Secretary.

to send confrontational or inflamatory emails

Don't make any sense to me what so ever.

to arrange organ recitals with little or no consultation

I don't know where this has come from, I have by no means whatsoever not arranged NO organ recitals whatsoever that was part of my "little" talk to the PCC.

I'm sorry to be blunt - but if you will send blunt emails to me, you shouldn't be surprised if I respond in like manner.

Please remember that you are an employee of the parish, and as such certain standards of behavior are expected. I am quite concerned that you are falling short of these expectations. You may therefore consider this to be a first disciplinary warning.

As I stated in the letter you should know by now that I'm a well respected member of the Church Family as I have been playing in the parish for over 7 years do want a Referance? One to Start would be Keith Evans I've known him for over 20 years any more? I can give you plenty.
I'm very reliable, polite, very keen, and always willing to learn new hymns with the congreation.
The disciplinary warning as I said OTT

I would appreciate it if you could confine future emails to pertinent matters, e.g. hymns for Sundays.

Fr Andrew
RobCharles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to go and see him soon to sort this mess out.
lancecornea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobCharles wrote:
I think I'm going to go and see him soon to sort this mess out.

.........and hand in your resignation
RobCharles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could do but not for the moment....

He needs some sense knocked into.
RobCharles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I went to see him today and this is quite bazaar - HE apologized for sending that email to me and it was totally out of order he was having a "Bad Day" and I'm thinking to myself why send it in the first place?.......

It is going to be looked at in the months ahead next year perhaps, Organ Recitals ect to raise funds for Church/Organ Fund should try and get them going I think.

Going to have Makin to come and sort out a few faults and increase the Volume on the Organ for the moment.

Anthony Bogdan did phone my Vicar not much was said but it looks ok and somthing to go on with.

I suggested doing a "sound test" where another organist from our parish would see what he thinks. I gave him a DVD with a bunch of video files I made there.

Also to get other organist opinions who have played it in the past which would be a good start. I should of mentioned that Mr Bogdan could come to the Church to offer advice and to have a "taste" with the speakers in question but I forgot.

There's allot going on the PCC at the moment so I think my time will come so lets see what happens along the time
RobCharles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lance and Nigel

Some news for you.

They had a PCC meeting last month although the Vicar hasn't told me of this still trying to chase him up. I mentioned to my Vicar that I wanted to get the organ sorted and sound much improved - Speakers

A week or so went by and I asked one of the PCC members "The Issue you raised is going to be looked into" and I'm trying to chase this up the best I can but it's looking optimistic no doubt.

Cheers

Rob
lancecornea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get a favorable outcome, Rob

Lance
RobCharles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so as well! Rolling Eyes

btw new videos on my youtube page

www.youtube.com/RobCharles1981
RobCharles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been to see the vicar today.

It looks optimistic something will hopefully be looked at during the Summer, meanwhile we are looking to get some fundraising going as well.

watch this space! Smile
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went up the Church yesterday and decided to investigate this problem with the "Master Volume" issue.

In the organ there are a series of cards.

On the far right hand side there was a card with a Rotary Control with

"Output" "Output" "Input"

This had been set to "12 O Clock" I set this all to 6 O Clock And I had full volume again.

I decided to have a look at the other cards.

There were 4 "Voice Cards"

With all the stop names eg "Subass" "Trombone" "Contra Faggoto" ect ect

There was a Rotary Control Switch on all 4 Cards that corresponded to the "Voices"

What I'm wondering here what do these do? I assumed that they adjusted the Bass or Treble or the Volume?

Cheers

Rob
lancecornea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm! Looks like someone's removed a couple of posts between Feb 20th and Feb 26th from this thread. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: