Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

New members are welcome to post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: New members are welcome to post Reply with quote

I only joined this forum recently; since then I have counted at least five or six new members. But why are they bothering? None of them have posted or even replied to any topics. What is the problem? Too shy? Too priggish?

I happen to love the Anglican Church and its music. Does anyone else care? If so, let us talk.

Okay, my G.W.Sinclair post was a bit of a stretch. I didn't particularly think anyone would have much to comment or add... no one took the bait. Yet I will simply say that at 23 years old I have visited and attended Evensong at all the major British cathedrals. (Not done Bradford or Wakefield yet.)

If I'm on the wrong forum might someone suggest an alternative?

Cheers,
Jason Evans
Rolling Eyes
jwatkins
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I certainly care about the Anglican Church and its music! Things may be slow here, but posts are answered if people have an answer. Now, I can't say I've even heard of G.W.Sinclair Smile

On the new members... Some might be spammers who sign-up for new accounts, thinking that the memberlist will publish links to their nefarious websites - I've hacked phpBB so it won't Evil or Very Mad

John.
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John- I did not know about the spammers.

As for Sinclair, perhaps it would have helped if I had the correct middle initial: it should be "R" instead of W. No one caught it, though. But I would say you have heard of him: Sinclair is memorialized in Elgar's Enigma Variations : XI.

Cheers
Jason
stocky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jason! im 16 years old was a chorister at salisbury cathedral for 6 years. it was fantastic and i have decided to go back into cathedral music as a career (directorship hopefully!) what sparked your love affair with church music and what caused you to visit all the main cathedrals too? i hope to post a lot on here as i was on the BBC 3 message board but they were all rather stuck up! hope to hear from you soon! best wishes Stocky
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stocky wrote:
hi jason! im 16 years old was a chorister at salisbury cathedral for 6 years. it was fantastic and i have decided to go back into cathedral music as a career...

Hey stocky, good on ya for joining us! I envy you as a chorister. I applied to one of the London area cathedrals -I won't say which- but for some reason wasn't accepted. I then asked if I could try for Hereford or Worcester, but my mum didn't want me going out to the provinces. Crying or Very sad

I wish you the best and a great future serving our wonderful Church. BTW, for some reason I missed the BBC 3 Message Board. I'm going to give it a try. I signed up as "akaGerontius" which might give a clue as to what my favourite choral work is. (And thank-you Charles Stanford- it does not stink of incense . Evil or Very Mad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: