Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Johannus Opus 1105 External Speakers Help Needed Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lancecornea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob
You've got to look for a different parish.
The attitude of your warden leaves me speechless Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I know you've been on The Organ Forum and been trying to get some help there, but really as we crudely say in Australia "You're pissing into the wind" on this issue.

Use your talents elsewhere Wink
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm stunned myself,

I'm have emailed Nigel on this and see what he says, I'm very annoyed "The Organ Should be used for accompaniment of the congregation" What a load of toss, How should organs be played?? They should be played to Support the Congregation its really stupid.

Rob
diapason8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said in my PM and I've said before, Rob. Just resign - NOW - BEFORE SUNDAY. We, as organists, are professionals and deserve to be treated in a professional manner. Give your notice, in writing, today and leave today.

N
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will do this I don't deserve to be treated like this what I will do first is speak to the Rector about this, I can't put up with this at all, I know plenty of other churches/chapels who want an organist like me who's talented.
stocky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

my dad has just resigned from his church as they have just started being totally rediculous! well, its been going on for a while but they crossed the line recently! hes constantly under scrutiny and gets rude letters from people who 'think' they know better!! None of them are musicly qualified where as, my dad has more letters after his name than in his name!! he was refused the full RSCM rate even though he has FRCO and ARCO among other things. he just thought he had had enough of it and has left them in the lurch for christmas!! you may find the job on the church times website... I beg of you, don't even think about it! they started giving my brothers and i trouble over practicing with the large (70 stop) 3 manual harrison... but they are stuffed now as no one locally wants anything to do with them! just thought i would share this with you to show that problems with clergy and wana be's in the church are universal!!

hope all are well! cheers, Tom
RobCharles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom thats good knowledge,

It just goes to show what churches are like, with mine, they arent musical at all and they think they know everthing when you read that email I had from my warden, I think I'm going to have a word with the Rector about this before any decision is made I'm getting 250 every 3 months from the two churches that I play in, its not bad money, but I wish some folk would listen to us organists.

As I have said I'm going to visit my Vicar and tell him exactly how I feel I'm just treated like as if I don't exisit and just sitting on the fence.

And by the way I have applied for the post in Brecon Cathedral so you never know!!

http://www.churchtimes.co.uk/showJob.asp?id=28984&date=17%2F11%2F2006&type=0

Rob
Jason Evans

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has taken a very depressing turn.

I have lost count of the people from my mother on down through my mates and co-workers who have said: "Oh Jason, why don't you have a full time appointment?" Well it's the kind of crap I'm reading here about what has happened to Rob and Tom's dad that hardly cause me to go searching.

That's the nice thing about substituting: treat me poorly and it's good bye to you!
diapason8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any developments yet, Rob?

N
RobCharles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not yet, I will speak with him tomorow if hes in Church if then I will aproch the Rector himself because I'm not impressed by no means
RobCharles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Church Warden Roger wasnt there today probably mitching else where I expect. so I did tell the Rector after the service -

"I had an Email from Roger about the Nicholaston Organ which I'm not impressed with his response"

So I think the Rector knows and he will be coming to have a chat about this and I can express my views across - Any Suggestions??

Rob
diapason8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show him the correspondence together with print-outs of the advice about the speakers which you've received here and on 'The Organ Forum'. Tell him you expect to have your views treated with respect otherwise you'll leave. Over to him.

N
RobCharles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nigel,

Will do that I think he will be more understanding,

I went to St Teilos Bishopston this everning (Westmorland 20 Stop Tab) it was the Advent Carol Service, they have moved the Speakers down the front, my god theres a much better sound! They got the smaller speakers up in a side compartment on both sides, and they got a new big bass speaker my goodness what a different sound it was tremendous!!

I asked the Organist there (Who I know) how much did they cost - Just over a thousand pounds plus installation which cant be all that bad.

I'm not giving up hope!!

Rob
diapason8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That installation sounds good, but, on the basis of your warden's attitude, don't get you hopes up Crying or Very sad

We had our Advent Carols today. It went very well. I used the organ and 2 electric pianos, one in the transept and one at the back, and the choir processed around the church at various points during the service. I also accompanied a girl playing a Bach minuet on the violin and my assistant accompanied a clarinet. A very good service, well attended and well received by the congregation. I hope that God appreciated it too!

More rehearsals this week with both my choirs (different churches) and some more special services, including the school carol concerts, coming up soon.

Take care, and good luck.

N

PS Try to get some deputising over Christmass - it might lead to a job offer Wink
RobCharles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Nigel,

For what that organ was was incredible for 20 Stops!!

Ive Emailed my Vicar, and hope to recieve a visit very soon, I'm sure he will back my needs for my oppinon.

But the extended Idea then would be to visit each PCC member to teach them about this.

Cheers

Rob
diapason8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're ever the optimist, Rob. If it were me, I'd have shaken the dust of that parish of my boots long ago!

Aren't there any decent vacanies near you?

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: