Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Anglican Brass Bands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Anglican Brass Bands Reply with quote

Can anyone here help Norman?
Quote:
Good morning from distant Canada.

I came across you site today, and thought you might be able to help me with a research project.

I am in search of a history, or vignettes, or whatever, of brass bands within the 19th or early 20th centuries of the Anglican Church, presumably following the model of the Salvation Army.

I noticed that your website does not include brass bands as a category, so I am not hopeful but perhaps you have some encouraging news.

Regards,

Norman Stanfield
School of Music
University of British Columbia
www.music.ubc.ca
wickedchorister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have any knowledge of "Anglican Brass Bands" but I would willingly submit my opinion on them if that helps?!
lancecornea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been on The Friends of Cathedral Music site http://www.fcm.org.uk/Guide-page.htm which has quite a good history of church music in Britain but unfortunately it doesn't mention anything on brass bands. I also drew a blank with Grove's Dictionary of Music. I have quite a few CD's in The Hymnmakers series, some of which use brass bands for accompaniment, but they all seem to be related to The Salvation Army.
Norman, if you do get any useful information from other sources, I would appreciate you sharing some of it with us on this forum.
Best of luck
Lance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: